View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Overcome by emotions when in certain locations. What causes this?

Sometimes I get hesitant to write on sites like these because a lot of what I experience could be written off as normal. "Yeah man, a lot of people feel that way. It's not strange."

Granted, the people I know in person do not have these experiences, let me explain.

I'm not some empath or any other type of "path". I'm not even a particularly emotional person, but what I experience is something else.

Today I was driving through this little neighborhood that had all of the necessary ingredients to create what I was feeling. The weather was quite cool and breezy (Something that, for however long has had a big impact on my mood, I don't know why), the homes were these small suburban houses on a small street, it was sunny out and all of a sudden this mood came over me.

It was as though I'd lived there before. This insane nostalgia or euphoria. Dare I say another life where I lived in an environment like this?

I'm having a very hard time putting this into words because it is so hard to explain.

Have you ever looked at a photograph of a snowy cabin in the woods? Maybe a quaint apartment building in the city? Some place that resonates with "You" and you feel as though that is where you belong. Now amplify that by 100. That is how I feel.

It was as though I belonged in this place, maybe in another timeline or universe I'd lived there?

Now here's the strange part. My father died 2 years ago and from time to time I drive by my old home. This was MUCH larger, not quaint or tiny, but when I drive past I am overcome with emotions. "Oh my god, I used to live here. That window lit up used to be my room!". It is so powerful that I force myself to become numb because the energy is so arresting.

Does any of this make sense to you? Simply put, there is energy I pick up on, much like that of my old house - but in places where I've never lived... yet I feel like I belong there.

Come to think of it (Regarding the first line of my post).... I really don't know anyone that feels this was. Am I a freak? Too emotional? LOL