View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 02:48 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you Gracey, but how do we cope with others who don't like who we are inside? Do we simply ignore them? Do we find out what it is about ourselves others don't like and change it to become more 'likeable'? Who sets the standards of social acceptability as some kind of 'grand design' into which we all must fit?

Many say that I am arrogant, selfish, inconsiderate, not 'mindful' enough, too intimidating, too intolerant...on and on it goes...but this is who I am!

I'm happy being this way, but I am unhappy that others have problem with me being this way, and to change it, means changing myself for others and not for myself just so I can fit in somewhere, when I stand out like a shag on a rock anyway.

I spent many years of my life being hated by society for being a red head who didn't fit in with others. Daily I experienced hatred from the people in my environment. I spent many many years alone. It was rough not being part of the crowd, or even having one friend, but ya know what, being alone taught me to be me. to learn my own likes and dislikes, not to be led by the nose of others. Through that and other challenges in my adulthood, where people tried to convince me that i needed to change who i am, I learned that I do not need to look to others for acceptance. I learned to accept my own self. i am detached from the opinions of others, their opinions reveal who they are, not who i am. so, you are arrogant and stuff. so what, be you anyways. it is who you are right now and there is nothing wrong with being you in all your honesty. if you feel you need to change something, then you will.

my ex finance who died was an arrogant, loud mouth guy. not many people liked him, but they didn't know him. they only saw what offended them so they could fuel their own hatred. know what i mean.

you will eventually come across people who accept you for who you are and those will be the people who accepts themselves for who they are.....

you wanting people to like you for who you are shows that you care about them, and that is a good thing. those who like and love you will see that.