View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I am curious to know what others make of this passage?

If I don't care about the outcome of my task, then why am I bothering to do it?

“You have the right to work, but for the work's sake only. You have no right to the fruits of work. Desire for the fruits of work must never be your motive in working. Never give way to laziness, either.

Perform every action with you heart fixed on the Supreme Lord. Renounce attachment to the fruits. Be even-tempered in success and failure: for it is this evenness of temper which is meant by yoga.

Work done with anxiety about results is far inferior to work done without such anxiety, in the calm of self-surrender. Seek refuge in the knowledge of Brahma. They who work selfishly for results are miserable.”

― Bhagavad Gita

This passage is full of spiritual wisdom, the Bible says exactly similar things: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31

You see, "for the glory of God", not for yourself and your self gratification, but whatever you eat, drink or whatever you do, do it with the Creator in mind, giving thanks.

I don't think there are many people on this Earth that can say that everything they do, they do it in partnership with the Creator... This is a inner state where you simply don't care about the outcome, you become grateful for everything, even for failure.

The Word of God is found in all religions of the world.