View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 9, enneagon/nonagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
@r6r6r
Seeing that you are into numbers, can you tell a good place to read up about the number 9 and how far it goes when adding up the digits of 9^powers.
So far my program just reached 9^23787 and still the resulting digits of the long number summarizes down to 9.

I only use MS calculator for my powering.

You may consider the enneagon/nona{9}gon. See in following link that, of the first single digit numbers, the enneagon as rational internal value of 140 degrees, whereas the hetpta{7}gon is the only polygon with irrational interior angle of 128.571

3, 4, 6, 8, 9 and 12-a-gons all have interior angles divisible 5, however, the penta{5}gon is not divisble by #5.

Penta{5}gons 108 degrees is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, 27, 36 and 54.

2 and 3 are the only primes there, but 27 is a cubic number i.e. 3*3*3 = 27.

Nine nodal events have 36 relationships.
See this link n^2 - n / 2 = number of relationships

We have 36 kinds of quarks i.e. 18 kinds of quark and 18 kinds of anti-quark. So who knows if there is any significance there.

#9 is lucky, or unlucky or magic or whatever in various religions/cultures etc....

If I've given it characteristic over the years I cannot recall at moment what that or those were.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman