View Single Post
Old 25-11-2022, 04:24 PM
asearcher

This is a recurrent theme for you which then means you have not worked through it. To me it comes off as "shock", "anxiety", being shamed by someone or by severals but other people looking from what I think you have described before in other threads.

What I can say is that in my husband's first family exists a narcissist and one of the things this narcissist is doing to already very small children, its very own grandchildren, if given the opportunity, is to do just that - shame them, making other who has not caught on just yet as it can happen so quickly to then become involuntary viewers, part of it, manipulated, enablers.

That sort of emotional abuse is normalized and for the child to "toughen up". The narcissist can also surround itself with lets say a partner who has some sort of vulnerability and who can not see through all the layers of manipulation and cruelty and is there for in denial of what is truly going on right on front of her/him. And so it may continue…

I do not know but I am thinking if your home environment or any other environment has been this way for you, with this cousin you describe in these scenes but perhaps others too allowing it to happen- that is where all these many images come from. I do not think someone who bullies comes from a loving, emotional intelligent home environment so this could be something sick instead that went on in your family, among relatives, allowing this to even take place, having normalized it. This could go generations back. If one can not break the pattern one is part of it, there are those who are both victims and bullies.

I think you experience these can give you the tools you need to get to the bottom of it and to not allow it to continue into yet another generation, not allowing the bully or others like it to be around your child/children unattended etc. You feel something. That is good. There are those who are numbed and won't even adress it then.

I know how hard it can be to, especially if you are dealing with repressed memories, to deal with them when you don't even remember they have existed. Being on display, shamed is truly terribly and the mind automatically does what it can to protect you but then these visions come through but you may not remember even so.

Anyways what you describe is one of the classic things a narcissist subjects another human being to. I can't say if your cousin was/is a narcissist though and regardless of what it's been a bully and it shouldn't have happened to you.

I of course agree with the others above.

I sure hope you can be free of these ugly visions someday and be healed :)

Last edited by asearcher : 25-11-2022 at 06:29 PM.