Thread: The Nag Hammadi
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2022, 07:04 AM
Master

I thought I would repost this thread here because I originally put it in the wrong place.

I definitely agree with Hazzard and Native spirit re their comments on the bible.

Firstly the New Testament was written approx 40 years after Jesus death, so you gotta ask yourself, just how much did people remember that was correct and how much was distorted. A bit like the game, “Chinese whispers”. We know scientifically that long term memory is unreliable.

Secondly, the original version was written in Aramaic, then transcribed into Hebrew, then into Greek, then Latin and finally into English. So how many things have been lost or altered in so many translations by various men, whether intentional or not. Obviously there must be some.

Thirdly, the only people who could transcribe these documents, especially from Latin to English were the priests and scribes who belonged to the church, who we know were more into power and control over the common people, than the word of God. So possibly writings were altered intentionally along the way as well, so they could control others beliefs and way of life.

Fourth, the Aramaic language did not use punctuation. So let’s have a look at a very simple example that shows how a statement can mean the complete opposite with or without it.

The boy, said the girl, was behaving badly.
(With punctuation this indicates that the girl is saying that the boy is behaving badly.)

The boy said the girl is behaving badly
(Without punctuation it implies the opposite which is the girl is behaving badly)

So you gotta wonder if the statements that Jesus originally made are correct.

And just to add, where are the missing scriptures and WHY are they missing? Methinks the Vatican (from what I’ve read)

Many many years ago when I did some research on the bible, I came across a brilliant book called Many Mansions by Gina Cerminara, it’s a very old book so I’m not sure if you are able to buy it now, but ide definitely recommend it.

Anyway, just MY thoughts.