View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Yes.. great news!.....as a member of felus panthera....the leopard is one of the "big five" cats in that genus and is one of the most adaptable range wise of all the big cats....

Its range has run as far from Africa as far Asia and Russia all the way to Java.....and leopard numbers are not doing too bad at all compared to the other big cats....especially the cheetah which frankly is struggling to make it....

The sub-species known as the snow leopard though has done much more poorly than its tawney and spotted relative loosing range and numbers for many reasons including illegal poaching...

Its happy making for me to know that its numbers have increased by big bounds ...mostly due to greatly inhanced management by conservation groups and governments in the snow leopards range stepping up and doing a better job protecting both there habitat and the animals themselves. ..

As a hunter and conservationist myself. ....this is very gratifying to hear!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!