View Single Post
Old 27-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Knower
I LOVE colorful clothing. I've always had a wide variety of colors in my closet but, at certain times, I would go through phases where I wore deep reds, navy blues, and rich greys. I like earth tones and olive shades, too.

At springtime, I wear cheery pastels and sometimes color block them. A month ago, I purchased a pair of powder blue shorts and paired them with a pale pink tank top. Mixing colors adds fun to your wardrobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
When I was little, yellow was my favorite color. Then red. As a teenager and young adult it was wine/emerald/purple, then blue-violet (which is still a favorite). In my late 20s, I went through a dark green phase.

Then, for my entire 30s, up until just about two years ago (when I was about 45), I defaulted to black all the time. I'm an introvert as it is, but I spent those years way off in my head, very isolated (not necessarily a bad thing, though). I started to re-emerge and re-engage with the world about 4-5 years ago, but only in the last couple of years have I started turning away from black and embracing other colors.

Right now, my favorites are orange and turquoise. In clothes, I tend to wear earthy browns, olives, and dark grays, oatmeal, and "dirty" whites, with strong, warm-toned colors (brick-y reds, golden/amber yellows, flame red-orange, peacock blue/teal, turquoise, yellowy greens, orange). I still have a huge stack of black t-shirts left over, as they were my "uniform" for so many years, and as they get faded-looking I overdye them in olive, yellow, orange, or brown to cut the "blackness" of them, making them dark earthy tones instead.

I don't like pastels at all, or navy blue, or pure white, or hot pink, and I'm excruciatingly particular about which shades of blue or violet I like. Despite liking earthy colors, I like them rich (like freshly-turned earth, or wet fallen leaves), not muted or dusty. I prefer matte surfaces to shiny ones, and glittery or pearlescent things leave me cold.

LOL, yeah, that's more than anyone wanted or needed to know, right? But seriously, everything was black for years and years and years, so I'm kind of obsessive about color--even the earthy ones--these days.