View Single Post
Old 31-01-2021, 05:39 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't think this is actually a mechanical query where logic would suggest a solution of some kind. Usually, ethics philosophy attempts to use reason to formulate ethical conduct, but it has never worked, and has at times been harmful.

Ethics implies intent, so understanding the incitement of will is the key to ethics. That's not a work of logic, but a facet of self awareness because it entails being conscious of tendencies of the desires and aversions that incites the motive to perpetuate ego through time, As long as we remain compelled by these reactions to feelings we will be selfishly motivated.

I'll harp on the example of gluttony because it aptly illustrates motive impelled by aversion toward hard feelings compelling the desire for good feelings. On the surface of it it doesn't appear that it is ill-intended, but deeper down it is fundamentally motivated by hatred (toward some feeling) and greed (for other feelings), so in the fundamental sense of it generating suffering, it is ill-willed.

That example brings us closer to answering, What is ill-will exactly? If we really examine it closely, ill-will is intent that is incited by the tension between aversion and desire. People will argue that desire is good, but if we look at it really closely, desire always comes with aversion, and the will, intent, motive, is only ever incited by desire/aversion reactive dynamics. We usually project that outwardly, like gluttony desires food, but actually, we only crave feelings, and food is but a means to that end.

So... since aversion coupled with desire for feelings is what generates motive, ethics is not really having good intentions so much as it is as having no motive in conjunction with contentment with 'this' as it is. When you don't mind what happens you can let everything be 'as it is'. For a medium, it could be a matter of channeling dead people/spirits somehow, but I would question the deeper issue of what motivates the client. What are the hard feelings they are avoiding which is compelling their desire to feel better feelings via medium enabled communication. Indeed I wouldn't care so about the communication itself if I understood it was only a means to the end of the client avoiding and attaining feelings, and thereby generating suffering.

There is a lot more going than the connection with 'dear old mother or whatever it might be. It's deep and complicated, so it isn't possible to be ethically effective by constructing inner principles and obeying them. One has to be well aware of their own feeling/reactivity dynamic that incites motives that are ultimately just perpetuating ego. This operates in subtle ways, so ethics is like a refinement in self awareness, 'as it is', not 'as you want it to be'.

I understand what you saying in a sense, but one thing I do know that can't be denied at least not by me,
even though my client is important to me, I know the pain of being pulled against one own will and I can tell you it's hurt being torn away to answer question and the damage it does to one spirit, of course, they will recover but why do it? when others have a spirit guide and even can make certain spirit angry, and not just that there is a reason why there is a veil and why we entrusted with a spirit guide to our soul,
spirits guides volunteer to stand by our side they can be close family members and wife like in my case that accompany from the very first moment we meet and make our family, but they can be communicated even with the veil and even visited,
I respect everyone and love everyone but disturbing the dead is not my way of mediumship, and it will never be! not for anything in the world!, just as when my time comes, I wouldn't want to be distributed unless I volunteer to help and believe me if I will be distributed or pulled against my own will
I will unleash my wrath on the poor medium who try to do so, just as
I being torn away from the place and those I love and hurt to answer questions against my own will I will tear away the poor medium soul and mind to ashes for doing this to me until there will be nothing left but an empty shell.