View Single Post
Old 30-01-2021, 08:47 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes it is all about the balance, but what is sin other than our will being motivated by craving and/or aversions? For example, isn't gluttony motivated by cravings for some feelings and/or by aversion toward other feelings? Actions impelled by avoiding bad feelings by acquiring good feelings? In this sense I cannot judge it 'sin' which implies evil, but with compassion as a symptom of suffering. It is difficult to let feelings just be as they are, so we tend to run from bad feelings and persue pleasure. Sometimes we have to avoid the depths of woundedness or we wouldn't be able to get through the day, and gluttony is rarely malicious as it does not entail the intent to cause the suffering of others. However, there must be a more subtle aspect of ill-will involved one's aversion toward the feelings one avoids, and to be adverse toward our own feelings end ups expressing as self-harm, in which sense, is it the will to generate suffering, albeit one's own - and ironically, also the will to avoid it.

I don't know if I'm still on track or I wandered off topic, but I just ran out of something to say.

you're on track and I agree with you everything is about balance a good example is the elementals couples they dance fire and water, earth and air, darkness and light, death and life, holy and unholy, 2 opposite but they are one balancing one another in an endless and ancient eternal dance of love. My gluttony was manifesting in uncontrollable desire food to soothe the pain I had from this life combined with other life due to big tragedy that happened but mostly other life, unaware why and what was the true problem almost gluttony killed me and in that when I almost heard death knocking at the door help from my family at the other side came when I was unaware, like a voice with no voice
that transmitted a strong message and desire to live
and so from the depth of the darkness, I was revived by them,
and I changed my life only later to contact them and hear that from my beloved wife and our family, and together with her help and our family,
our memories have been awakened in me as well as who I really am and what I meant to do, thank you dear beloved gem from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited by angel-of-light : 30-01-2021 at 11:18 AM.