View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
The sixth sense is something deeper, like intuition. I am interested in the way all animals maintain a broad general awareness of their immediate physical environment ... I imagine this receptive awareness started with plants and then amoebas - focussing developed after that.

Most animals use a combination of these two ways of sensing ... like the buzzard circling - receptive to any movement which they then focus on and react to. Any blackbird pecking at a worm continually pops it's head up and checks their environment - they balance their focussing activity with broadband activity - even when sleeping, birds have one eye open.

Animals in groups like pidgeons or horses don't check so often, (safety in numbers), and humans completely neglect this ability, (we don't even have a word to describe it!) so that now we only focus, learn and think ...

I didn't know that birds kept one eye open when sleeping.

I suppose us humans were/are like you describe when our survival is at stake? Sounds stressful to always be on alert like that. But it's just what animals do I suppose. What about the tribes people of the world, are they still able? I was just watching a video Australian aboriginal deep listening. I don't think that's it either.