View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Master
Some sacred texts speak only of six chakras because these are the most important ones for 99.9% of the human race. and of these six, the brow is the one that facilitates development of the ones below.

My information comes from my teacher who speaks from direct experience not research.

There is a lot of misinformation out there. Healers often confuse gross energy functions of the chakras with their higher spiritual functions. For spiritual development the seven chakras are the most important ones.

Because this is our reality, because we are spiritual beings (souls) manifesting in a human experience, those who have experienced all seven have shared their knowledge with others and it has been handed down in every culture and age in one form or another. When I read a book by Hermes from ancient Egypt I thought my own teacher could have written this. They are speaking from the same awareness. But of course along the way this knowledge becomes distorted, like the game broken telephone. I feel very fortunate to know someone who can tell me the truth, which is very simple yet profound. The complication comes in the retellings (broken telephone phenomenon).

and then there are other barriers to receiving the truth...

As I experience my own chakras and awakenings, his teachings spring to life in me and in the world around me which changes as I change. And so it is with any teaching. The real test is to experience their truth for yourself.