View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 12:38 PM
Master
In two weeks time they're going to stop with handing out the descriptions of each stone. It's too much work when it's busy and the shop keeps getting busier as they get more known. And it takes hiring in more personnel too, only to find the descriptions. Meaning less time to spend to talk to customers, helping them out in the shop, giving them coffee/tea/cappuccino -which they will continue to do for free.
They do of course leave all the in depth descriptions in the shop with each crystals and they created QR codes for each and everyone. Now you can simply scan that with your phone and get the description on your phone so you can print it at home if you like.
Too many people apparently just throw the descriptions away at home.
So I understand, although it is a shame. But yesterday, when I was there, they needed less personnel, they had time for you, and there wasn't an entire row of personnel behind the counter to sort out all the descriptions for sometimes 30 crystals per client!
Plus, for us clients it moves a helluva lot faster now too. So I'm now going to do the QR code thing :)

OT -- Yesterday I used my Robin Wood Tarot again for a pick a card on my channel. Hadn't used it for months, maybe not over a year.
It was great! The Robin Wood is the deck that really opened me up to Tarot as before I had been working with RWS. But that doesn't resonate with me at all. Too much yellow, a PO looking Queen of Cups which to me doesn't exude love. A feminine looking King of Cups, PO looking Queen of Wands, etc. etc. Just didn't work.
Robin Wood's artwork is far gentler, the colours rich, yet brings the message home. The Death card is far more acceptable, actually beautiful! Far better than a freaky skeleton on a horse against a yellow background.
All the Queens look the way they're supposed to, as do the Kings :)
The only card I don't like is the Hierophant. She herself had trouble with that card too, being a Pagan, hihi.
And it has a GORGEOUS Judgement card with a Phoenix! I could never work that card out in the RWS. Even the angel with the trumpet looks unhappy, the other angels have grey skin??? Grey? Really? Kinda freaky.

It was great to work with that deck again!