View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 03:22 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Are you sure about it being efficient? You gotta eat loads of plants to get your protein requirements. Have you done the math? Protein from plants are less useable by our body, so a can of beans (often around 20g of protein) will be less effective than a small chicken fillet (of 20g of protein) or two eggs.

I suspect these athletes/body builders build their body on animal food and then went vegan for commercial purposes.

Meat isn't a 'perfect' protein. It's a complete protein meaning it is comprised of all the amino acids that make up a protein. Plants all contain varieties of amino acids that when combined, create a complete protein. Rice and beans for example, equals a complete protein. Whole wheat bread and peanut butter equals a complete protein in another example. Broccoli, spinach, blueberries, apples and oranges plus everything else results in your body having adequate protein in combinations with one another plus the beans and rice, grains and legumes.

Your body has the amazing capacity to 'combine' amino acids from the spectrum of plant foods that are available to us and thus provide all the protein that you require. As I said previously, my blood tests showed that my protein levels were just where they should be and I've never made too much of an issue in planning 'perfect combinations'. I just let the system (my body) take care of the amino acid combining automatically. Just as gorilla's do, elephants, cows, etc. Our bodies are amazing machines.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)