View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 09:08 PM
Master

Quite interesting story, and it surely invites one's interpretation, and pondering on it. What is the lesson? What is the guidance resulting from that lesson?

There is a special place in my heart for animals, and for some of them I developed feelings that one might consider to be reserved for human friends only.

I believe that all (most of) these stories are symbolical, even multi-level symbolical, and each one of the seekers can interpret them at their level of development.

That's why when I read such a story, firstly I put aside my beliefs and expectations about the message, and forget others' interpretations of it. Then, I interpret at intuitive level, neither intellectual, nor emotional.

Asking "So this begs the question. Is compassion and empathy to living creatures other than human beings ..." seems to me more like looking for the confirmation of one's already held beliefs. In this way they may miss the true message.

I feel that this story will keep coming into my mind until I'll eventually decide to understand its lesson and guidance.

My first reaction is to rebel a little against the idea of being tested that way, and also not to settle for the warm and fuzzy feelings of compassion and empathy. I need to go beyond the obvious.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.