View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 11:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker_erk
Hello! I am new here - but have had my share of spiritual situations. One thing that I cant figure out is why I have hardly any memory of my childhood/upbringing. I learned through therapy that a child in stress produces an adult with little memory of childhood. Although it would seem that I had/have a fairly normal family (non-abusive). I wonder if this has anything to do with a past life. I would love to hear your thoughts? Yays and Nays welcomed, as I am trying to figure this out.

Thank you!
ERK
Surely, depending on your beliefs, some explanations may seem more acceptable to you than others.

The idea that a stressful childhood might cause blackouts of memory doesn't suggest that the causation is likely in reverse too: it doesn't mean that because you don't recall much of your childhood, then there must be something your subconscious tries to hide from your conscious.

If you're tempted to investigate if there was something to hide, you can obviously use the services of a good and trustworthy therapist, but be aware that your and your therapist's expectations will affect what you'll experience.

You can do the same by yourself, by learning self-hypnosis and regressing to any period of your life. Anybody can do it with a little practice.

It is possible that you don't recall much of your childhood because you're too strong anchored into your present life, or if you have a pathological problem with your long term memory access. Hypnotic regression should bypass either cause.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.