Thread: Reiki
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Kat

Whenever we feel negative emotions, fear, anger, hatred even confusion and negative thoughts, the energy buffer around us evaporates and yes, we do emit negative vibrations/energy when we're in these moods.

Often when people are in turmoil, they'll go to someone they know that has a higher energy vibration than them. By sharing their problems, unless that person they're talking to has protected themselves, they'll find that they end up leeched by the person with the issue. This is done unconciously, but it usually means that the person that has the issue will walk away feeling much more positive and the 'helper' feels depleted.

As for the basics on how energy works in healing sessions, the energy flows through the practitioner to the client. As I said in my other post, intent of the practitioner is important. Technique means very little as long as you have the intent to have the best healing session occur. The client needs to be somewhat open to the experience too. As long as the practitioners intent is pure, then the client (often their higher self) decides on how well the session heals. It's the clients body and higher self that decides where the energy flows to, what blocks (emotional and physical) are removed and how much healing takes place in total.

It's a common misconception that the practitioner is the healer.

I can tell you some of where the energy goes when someone's working on me or I'm working on myself but how it removes the blockages, I don't know. To be honest though, that doesn't really bother me. What will be, will be. It's a good philosophy to have when you work on anyone... release the expectations.

I hope that helps you understand it a bit better.

Last edited by Kat : 04-04-2006 at 10:15 AM.