View Single Post
Old 15-01-2022, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
he doctor must be able to work unimpeded. For this to be possible self-sedation is necessary. For me this means total surrender…..thoughts, emotions, feelings, experiences, etc.
I love that analogy[/quote] As one seeking to become a new man.
Quote:
The way I look at is, as you say, a sense of incompleteness and discontent will inspire a person to be whole or transform, and there is a transformation...] Indeed we are formed by the past that makes us who we are, including the confluence of our whole genetic history.
It will be very tempting to step in and try to do things, and one will notice this compulsion during the sessions. The urge to 'make something happen' is a huge temptation. The breathing is already happening as nature has it, and the spiritual operation proceeds by the same flow which moves your breath. By observing the feeling of your air, you withdraw your will from the process, and enable that which moves the universe to do what it does.

We will find that we have a lot going on inside ourselves... and these goings on are what makes it hard to meditate... but we can relegate all such goings on to the irrelevant basket and be steadfast on the one thing we determined to do: feel our breathing. As we withdraw importance from everything else, it doesn't matter if the mind does all the things it has a habit off doing. Persistently returning to task will effectively break those habits, and you can rest assured, these things which disturb you have no chance against your determination and persistence. Hence you can be certain, have no doubt, be relieved and relax in the surity that you can very easily resume feeling the air each time you notice your mind has wandered away.

I know you said pretty much the same thing, trust is a biggie, and I'm really only elaborating, being inspired by what you said.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-01-2022 at 02:44 AM. Reason: 2-3 sentences when quoting