View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Yeah, you are getting it right. I have no idea why I exist. What makes me unhappy is the separation between you and me. There is an inexplicable divide I cannot bridge, and it isolates me from everything in the world.

I just don't buy into all this hugging and kissing and holding hands and singing "we are the world". Each of us is a broken piece of the world in a state of conflict. I am heading into another weekend and dread finding out how many more inner city shootings and killings in the news next Sunday night.

To add to Miss H.'s comments, we each see the world through our own filters, and how we see the world is a reflection of our own internal condition.

So maybe the perceived divisions between you and the world reflect internal divisions, a lack of integration and harmony. Perhaps these internal divisions are broken pieces of you in a state of conflict, so that is what you see around you. You cannot buy into all this hugging and kissing and holding hands because parts of you are in resistance to other parts of you.

Before we can hope to fix the world, we start with fixing ourselves. What other people do is outside our control. And fixing ourselves begins with acceptance of ourselves with all our faults and failings, and compassion towards ourselves as people struggling to do the best we can. As we become more whole in ourselves, so we see beyond all these external divisions.

I am aware that I have made certain presumptions about you in this response which could be completely wrong, but these are based on your own descriptions of how you are.

Peace