View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And yet everyone is in imminent danger of death, but most people don't think about it. We seem to assume that we will live through today and survive to a ripe old age.
I suggest we do think about death but there are many reactions to that subject ranging from out-and-out panic through to don't-care. I would guess many HOPE they'll live to a satisfying and ripe old age rather than assume or believe that.
Quote:
But every day thousands die unexpectedly through accidents, violence, natural disasters, sudden medical emergency, etc etc. I don't imagine that they woke up that morning and thought "This is my last day on Earth".
I expect you're right!
Quote:
The simple fact is that we do not know when our time will come, so it makes sense to start investigating death and preparing for it now.

Peace

As someone who writes almost daily on such subjects I take a different approach...... I have seen that it often needs something specific - often bereavement - to occur before people begin to consider the wide-ranging subject of death. One immediate problem, though, is where to find authoritative information - been there, did that 30 odd years ago, fortunately for me successfully.

Whether it means I'm any better prepared for death than anyone else remains to be seen but I probably won't be able to tell anyone anyway!