View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
According to religion they were once angels or non-human entities but to me it makes no sense that angels would rebel against God while they are aware that they don't stand a chance against God at all. And what would cause such a high being of great intelligence who stands in close proximity to God to go evil? In another (more likable) theory, demons were once ordinary human spirits that over time gathered a lot of power and transformed into truly monstrous beings. But what is the actual truth and where do they come from?

Slayer - I know what you mean about the 'fallen angel' theory. It doesn't make perfect sense for the reasons that you listed. I tend to think demons are spirits that previously inhabited human lives that did horrible things such as someone like Hitler. However misguided someone like him might have been, at the core it would seem that there was pure evil. Other than that, I can't say for certain that I have a clear definition of a demon. Maybe other members that have medium abilities could speak to this question. I do know that just as there is pure evil in this world and beyond there is also pure goodness. Sometimes it's hard to acknowledge that with all the bad things happening in the world, but there are good people in every nook and cranny of the world.