View Single Post
Old 28-12-2020, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This is very good and informative. I've refrained from comment as I use the Major Arcana for pathworking and learned the basic symbolism from Paul Foster Case who, IIRC, described the Tarot as a book of wisdom disguised as a deck of cards; and Gray's The Ladder of Lights.
It's a lot of study and contemplation. The correspondences with the cards too can be so helpful in one's work, as you point out, perhaps confusing and an overload to someone approaching for the first time.

Most revealing.

Your interpretation of I the Magician was interesting. Dead on, but I learned the symbolism as on the Rider Waite as the Magician focusing the force down from the cosmos through a what-looks-like a scroll in his? right hand to the table on which the traditional elements are outlaid and it's up to him? to organise those elements in the right balance to achieve the creative aim. On the Thoth card for the Magus, there's an ape like thing to the bottom right to remind us that Mercury is a trickster and warns against getting caught by the fallibility of words. (I put the query mark against his? as in some reckonings he's hermaphrodite.)
Thank you Lorelyn for that comment. I am familiar with Paul Foster Case, visited his Builders of the Adytum when I was studying tarot in L.A. Even sat in on some of their classes given at the L.A. temple. They have a similar approach to what I am sharing here. As do the Rosicrucian’s and some orders of the Freemasons. They are all involved in western mysticism.

Yes, I view the Tarot as a book also, actually two books, the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana, similar to the Old and New Testaments, two books, that make up the one book we call the Bible. Although while the major arcana can be used alone by itself, I am not aware of the minor arcana being used alone, it is always used with the major arcana. This kind of understanding is great for path work, because it internalizes the cards for practical use with your own consciousness.

You are correct. I did not go into the elements on the tablet next to the Magician, or any of the symbolism in the other cards, because they are widely discussed elsewhere on many other threads, people who read what I am sharing are using different decks with slightly different symbolism, and I have tons of information which I am trying to distill down into a one page post for each card. So I am bound to leave something out. I am mainly sharing the esoteric and consciousness development associated with each of the 22-Major cards. Nonetheless, I do acknowledge what you have said. I am not posting pictures of any decks, rather people who read what I’ve shared can contemplate their own deck with its symbolism.

Thank you for the feedback.