Thread: EVP Question
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Knower

EVP Question

I know of someone who can hear whispery, otherworldly voices, a tad robotic in tone, on DVD. One day he let me hear them. They are definitely there. This was no shared aural hallucination. Whatever is said is being expressed in staccato form. There are recognizable syllables, it sounds like it’s in English, but it’s still not distinct enough to make out what is actually being spoken.

These are two movies on disc. Around that time, I went and checked out the same titles from a public library in order to see if these strange whispers appeared on other copies. They don’t. They are only heard on his DVDs, which he told me he purchased from a second-hand store. (Might one of the previous owners have been a dabbler in this?)

I wrote down the times on the counter display of when these whispery voices appeared and replayed these sound anomalies over and over. It’s quite uncanny. They are distinct and are heard in sections where there is no dialogue. They are each only one or two words in length.

My question is: Has anyone else heard EVP on digital video discs that were unrecorded by him or her? If so, how is this possible? I always thought EVP had to be captured via enticement, first. Please explain what you think to be the electronic explanation for this.