View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Ascender
Echovox - The pitfalls of the Bandwagon, I guess! ... (pun intended)

I read on one other thread where you said something about germanium diodes where found to be more sensitive than their counterparts. This I found very interesting, but only in passing.
I can't help wonder about the aerial. What would happen if a small lump of germanium were wired directly into the receiver. The downside of course is the high price of this precious metal. However ...

I tuned into the youtube video you recommended, by the "Wizard" dude. But found it too difficult to listen to and only managed a few minutes. The scanning was too erratic and irritating to listen to, a more easier experience for the scanner, I'm sure.
Also, some of the voices gave me the willies. To put another way, the characters behind the voices seemed a little course, and belligerent. Not the kind of person I would normally wish to communicate with.

Cheers

ps I used to buy germanium diodes from a shop where the owner would call them "geraniums", with a big smile on his face. Not sure what I'm getting at ... just a little piece of trivia:)