View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Hi Daz,

I too have suffered in silence for years.

I was a people pleaser and people took advantage of my good nature and generosity.

Until i learnt to say no.

Hi Ant,

So when the time was right for you to say no, it's no good someone telling you to zip it is there .

This is what I have been saying with confidence, that silence is golden for only so long, enough is enough when the time is right for someone to find their voice .

Standing up for yourself in truth is just as a worthy expression as staying silent is in certain circumstances .

knowing when to stay silent and when not too comes from within for many a reason ..

Some just can't find the strength to say boo to a goose let alone fight for equality or justice .

Some people think kindness and being generous is a weakness so they take advantage like you say, this also happened to me throughout my life, but it is a strength .

As we both know and many know that overtime one can become weakened by the amount other's take from you .

At a point one draws the line, like discussed, the line drawn for each individual will be different .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
some people you can't get the message through,it's like flogging a dead horse and going around in circles.

Like i see on this forum,where by people recount stuff from a book and stuff on the net,not by personal experience.

Throwing up an example of a woman being abused and telling to zip it,is a total and different kettle of fish.

My viewpoint was forums in general,not on what goes on in the outside world off the net.

So my viewpoint would be another kettle of fish off the net.

Obviously.

This is the hypocrisy, the irony the contradiction that I don't mind pointing out . I don't care how it looks from members, I simply will point out these things to people who want to put me or other's down, simply because I question what they say . I am sure like you have witnessed, other's have too, and perhaps it's not in their interest to say anything about these peeps, incase they rock the boat or become targeted themselves . Who knows, it doesn't matter as long a there is one person to stand up for what is right and just that's all that matters . Like said to the panda, there is no need for it . It doesn't reflect where they pretend their coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
ya know,i've had a déjà vu moment,like i replied to this already.

I also had déjà vu moment yesterday too,i awoke and started reading a few chapters from ACIM,and what i was reading,i had read before.

I get that sometimes, sometimes I will watch a film I haven't seen before (a new release) and I am thinking Jesus, I have been here watching this before, or having these same conversations with people before ..

x daz x