View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
bonkers? maybe There are many things we say that might be considered that way.

The fundamental aspect is that many of the words we use may be understood one way by some individuals and another way by others. I've often been accused of employing semantics but words - and groups of words - can mean very different things to different individuals. Over my life soon approaching its end I've come to acknowledge and accept that our words will always be inadequate to describe what by definition - is indescribable in words.

Whatever word or phrase you use in an attempt to exactly nail what you're getting at there will be somebody for whom the word or phrase means something different. We're on a hiding to nothing!

You may just as well ask why 'Spirituality' (or whatever) was written using upper case letter S. For the user there presumably is a significance whereas for someone else it looks bonkers.

duality, singularity, Oneness, oneness, ONENESS - get my drift?

Sure enough, folks see different meanings in words and that is part of life isn't it .

I think it's safe enough to say that there is a clear dividing line at play here between either being here as an individual or not .

What you are is either having a unique individual experience within oneness or one is no more than a dreamy illusory appearance that has no real substance ..

Even self verification within awareness would not be self evident enough for the hard core non dualists, because it's all illusory .

This is similar to flat earther's when there is evidence to the contrary but is then suggested it's all faked deliberately ..

It's an odd energy at play in these instances ..

x daz x