View Single Post
Old 28-04-2022, 11:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
You're right about the caterpillar though. Transformations are often painful. Thankfully, at least for spiritual transformations, that's temporary. Kind of like ripping the bandaid off.

that is what I was trying to say. But 'temporary' in terms of what I'm talking about may not mean what you think it does either... temporary with a bandaid is a few seconds. temporary with a human is unknown because noone will try it lol. Although there are some hints in the historic record...

Problem as one person put it is the intelligent are too smart to try anything so dumb (for all the many many 'reasons' similar to the ones you gave), and the unintelligent have bought the notion from smart people that they are too dumb to get away with anything a smart person says no to...

IMO as far as emotional vs physical pain... when you get physical pain you also get emotional pain. For example the common first thought is 'I wanna quit this' and if it continues you find yourself fighting to try to make it stop. A very emotional response comes if you have to deal with the reality it is continuing while wanting it to stop, and that can be painful emotionally. It gets even worse once you've gone far enough to see the silver linings and that just maybe making it stop isn't the most useful thing one can do... then you are in a constant fight between the idea that your own observations, while wildly unliked, may have a grain of truth to them after all, and the observation of everyone else that it is best to ALWAYS 'feel good' and 'be happy'. This can be mind-numbing...

besides that the purely physical effects of cold can't be simply talked away either the way I see it now...

not that I'm advocating that everyone should go off and be in pain either though. Unfortunately I don't think there is any such thing as a 'straight path' to get us to the place we all seem to want to go... in fact I think the place we want to go is bunk anyway and best left to the dead... but anyway there is no point in advocating stuff people aren't willing to do. We all have way too many 'have tos' on our list already (mischevious grin).

The only reason I'm saying anything at all about any of this is lost soul had a legitimate question about what is going on here and I felt like giving my two cents on an alternate theory of reality lol... sometimes talking beyond the limitations we expect life MUST have can be cathartic to someone somewhere...