View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:18 AM
Pathfinder

Progression to Mediumship

I'm not sure I'm in the right thread here, but someone will tell me if I've got it wrong, no doubt!

I have attended mediumship development classes on two different occasions, many years ago now, the first I had to stop attending due to the fact that I had to move house. At the following address I started attending development classes in my new town. However, I stopped going there too, as I could never convince myself that what I was 'receiving' was actually genuine communication, and not just my imagination. What really frightened me off was when the course leader started making plans for us attendees to try a platform session at the local spiritualist church! How scary was that idea!

Anyway, my point really is that while I still do have episodes of clairsentience, I don't think that level of spirit awareness is enough to give me confidence to pass on any messages to a possible recipient.

I have come to the conclusion that mediumship is congenital - you are born with it. - Or you aren't. All of the books I have read by mediums (working in the UK, anyway) are those folk who obviously had the gift of second sight from childhood.

I am hoping I will have some replies to contradict my theory!