View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Master

Couple of things I've tried that worked for me, so thought i'd share.

I always used to care what people thought about me. It was way more important to me what people thought of me that what i thought of me. I was excrutiatingly shy when I was growing up and even as an adult, most of my life, until I had children, and due to those children, I had to change. I didn't want to pass it on to them. So, for them, I had to break out of my shell. But for most of my life I learned how to be invisible. It really sounds strange to me now, but I was so so worried about what everyone else was thinking about me, I wanted to hide from the world, I didn't want the world to see me.

Looking back, I think part was shyness and part was being too empathetic. I was taught to be empathetic from a small child, to look at something from someone else's point of view, and that really taught me that what others thought was more important than what I thought.

The church had a bit to do with it too, the lessons learned from church, from school, from growing up in the world, we are taught as children to be seen and not heard (my generation anyway) and it seems like it was in the water LOL, the TV, etc etc etc. What I thought really didn't seem to matter, because I was taught other people were more important than I.

When you have children and you start to teach them about the world, it is amazing the beliefs you uncover about yourself. So I didn't teach my children the things that I learned (except that each one of us is important, and if you see a child that needs a friend, go say Hi - which sort of backfired on them, unfortunately)

Anyway, you can change your beliefs. That's really what this boils down to.

Change your beliefs, and change your life. I will post a link to a quick audio that Jane Roberts channeled from Seth back in the 60's.

Seth has taught me so much about how to change my beliefs as an adult with adult children. I did the best i could until i found him LOL.

He taught me to try new beliefs on. For just one Week. And see how my life changed. And change it did. So here are some that I tried. It really is amazing what thoughts come back at you to disavow your new belief.

Belief#1 - (in this context). Tell yourself for one week, "It never matters what anyone else believes, it only matters what I believe."

That one was a dosey for me. It really did change something in me. And the things I found myself thinking were incredible. This is all about catching yourself thinking, and what you are telling yourself. About everything really.

Belief #2 - I live in a Safe Universe.

Belief #3 - I am worthy of my love. Look yourself in the mirror everyone morning and say, I love You. - Wow, the first time I tried that, I realized I didn't believe it.

I think we all come to a time in our lives when we have to deprogram ourselves from the programming we have been given.

You are worth it :)

Here is Seth on Beliefs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrhvAYgwH8&t=5s