View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 01:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
I have my hopes and dreams like everyone else, but I seem to get very hurt when people try to burst my bubble. People don’t seem to like the idea of me having any ambition beyond what’s expected of the average human or me. So I often hide my dreams. But any hint of any hope or dreams I show people will still manage to burst my bubble. So since I was ten years old or so I’ve learnt that it’s better to just hide it. Even when I hide it from people in real life I still get tortured by overly critical people online. They could be directly responding to me, but it’s more likely someone else. I google stuff about them partially because of research, but also because I’m OCD about it. If someone else won’t crush my hopes and dreams I will! How can I learn to stop putting so much importance into what other people think of my hopes and dreams? I also hide my hopes and dreams by joking about them or creating a fake one that’s similar. Like if my dream is to move to Sweden I’ll either joke about it or say I’m interested in moving to Norway. So people will criticize Norway instead of Sweden.

Each one of us creates their own reality from their emotions and beliefs. It isn't always obvious, but if you take a closer look at your emotions (fears especially), and your beliefs (expectations) you'll find out that they are reflected in what's happening in your life. They aren't identical, but they are of the same kind: fears cause fearful situations, expectations of disappointment create disappointing experiences, worries of lacking create shortages, ...

The only solution is to change your thoughts (emotions and beliefs). It isn't easy to change, but the goal is worthy.

You can start by avoiding the people, places, situations for which you have negative expectations. They won't change, so push them out of your reality! Look for alternatives for which you have positive expectations, that bring in you positive emotions. When things don't work, move on!

Build your confidence in yourself, and purposefully create the life you want for yourself!

You can use techniques like affirmations, visualizations, self-hypnosis, to help you change your thoughts, and consequently your reality.