View Single Post
Old 28-09-2022, 10:23 AM
irisa

Interesting Topic and fun to read how everyone has different feelings and experiences with sleep paralysis.

In 2004 i had what i think of as a spiritual awakening. This started in december, but i think that subconsciously something was changing months earlier i guess.

Earlier in that year i had my first experience with sp. I remember how i woke up and found out i couldn´t move at all. Remember how terrified i got and tried to scream, but couldn´t make any noise. Finally i woke up. This happened 2 other times. When the ´spiritual awakening´ started, that is to say when i started to read and read and read about everything i suddenly started to see, feel, dream etcetera. Then i also read about sp and found out that when you are in sp, you should try to move a finger, which might wake you up. The fun part for me was that when i experienced one again that i really remembered to move a finger...it worked.

During my ´awakening months/years´ i started to remember so many dreams from each night...4 or 5 was pretty normal...and all in detail. It all started after i had decided to try and meditate...in my own way...Because so much new started soon after a few meditations i stopped meditating rather soon too. Because all was so new, weird but also interesting and beautiful what happened.

One of those ´things´ was that from then, every night when i went to bed i always lay ´awake´ for about 2 hours. But not awake like normal. Only now i think about it as also having been sleep paralysis. I called it ´a space between waking and sleeping´. My body always was very relaxed. My mind was ´on´...I heard things being sad. As soon as i closed my eyes there never was darkness, but i saw lots of things...faces, colours, shapes etc.

Several times when i would be almost asleep i would feel my blanket getting up, feeling like several invisible people were lifting it ....knowing that i was almost getting out of body. There were also a few times where i felt a shock go through my body, like i was struck by electricity/lightning...(Kundalini...?)

I have read back then that when having SP this could be stress related. I don´t know...for me there was no stress. I can imagine though that one can get stressed when having many SP´s.