View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 02:03 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkPlug
So does having a "spiritual experience" make one "spiritual" or is it just that they are aware of the existence of a "spiritual" component outside of the understanding or day to day regular life? And on the concept of "Higher Self", and "the rest of what they are", can there be communication there as well?
Thanks

I don't like the term 'spiritual' as a label. What does it mean? Does it mean that someone has had a spiritual experience? Does it mean that someone is aware of their spirit? Does it mean that they act in a spiritual manner? What even is spirit? The issue is that the word means all of these things, and none of these things. Words are subjective, and mean different things to different people. I can bring up the word 'God' to 1,000 different people, and they will each have their own unique notion of what that word means.

I see it like this... each and every one of us, each and every living thing, and even the universe itself is, in essence, spiritual in nature. In that sense, every single thing that occurs is a spiritual occurrence. Every single human being is spiritual, and acts in a spiritual manner, simply by virtue of existing.

As far as having a spiritual experience, it means everything, and it means nothing at all. Such an experience can clarify and provide insight, or it may confuse and befuddle. For some people it brings peace, bliss, endless love, and for other people it brings suffering and heartache. The experience itself is just an experience, like a word is a word. How such an experience is interpreted is up to the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkPlug
And with the "Higher Self" concept, in that case, what is the point of this "physical" life, is it just to be used as a training ground, a playground, or a test environment of some type?

As many live a life far removed from blissful, what is the point and reasoning of that model? Basically, "Why?".

Many people believe in a soul, or a higher self that is still separate or lesser than what one may call God. I have not experienced such a self, so I cannot speak of it.

My experiences revealed to me what I would call the highest self, which I call God, or Root, and what many call Source. This highest self, is, quite simply, all that is. So many of us look at the universe around us and think we are IN it. This implies that we are separate from it. In reality, we are OF it. We are fundamental parts of a whole, and that whole is the highest self. And that highest self, that whole, is infinite. And within that infinite self exists infinite realities, an infinite number of ways in which the universe may be arranged. Our reality is one of them. And we are here simply to experience. To experience the good, and the bad. To experience all that is.

I hope that my words may help you.