View Single Post
Old 13-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
And I know the critics will jump in, ya right..Lol.

The Virgin Mary said to the children there, "some people will just not believe", then she performed the miracle of the sun, everyone there seen it, thousands of people!. The sun danced in the sky and then crashed down on them, they were all rather terrified. Lol.. she is awesome!

The skeptics after the fact attributed it to mass hysteria. Lol.
Anyway, I find Christianity gets the demons dancing. Seen it with my own eyes. The forum..
ya.

The number of people present in the field at the 'sun miracle' is estimated to have been between 20'000 and 120'000 - not a very good basis for a piece of reporting.
But the 'everyone seen it' bit just isn't true. Many of the thousands present didn't see the sun move or change colour including the three children.
Nor did the people of the next village see anything, nor did anyone in Spain the neighbouring country and no observatorium in the world reported seeing the sun move.
There are many diverse and varying reports to choose from - mass hysteria is the best explanation - the Catholic Church was more than eager to at last have a miracle!! Check the behaviour of the local priest.
Fatima today is a smart and modern town having benefitted from this story.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.