View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Interesting notions although I'm not persuaded a so-called reincarnationist therapist is necessarily authoritative about any of the matters mentioned.

On an individual level, however, I totally respect anyone choosing not to be a donor - or recipient - of an organ for whatever reasons.

It is certainly arguable that organs may be removed before an animating spirit has left the body it used to animate. There is no clinical test to establish that point so it's possible death might be declared when the body is still being animated but at an undetectable level.

It's also arguable that would be a shock to the animating spirit and potentially cause confusion but what "spiritual harm" means explained. Can a spirit experience harm?

I can't accept claims that memory exists in our organs but I have an alternative possibility. The spirit of a donor might still link to the organ removed and choose to continue after that organ is transplaned to a living body.

That might then allow the spirit to continue its association with the organ and perhaps later begin to help animate other parts of the body it has been associated with. IF that were to happen then just MAYBE that's why some of the attributes of the donor sometimes appear be exhibited by the recipient of the organ.

If any of the above does actually happen then my guess would be that the two spirits now involved with animating a single body would have agreed to continue that arrangement. I also guess that if the two couldn't agree then the transplanted organ might, or would, fail.

I acknowledge there are a lot of "might" and "maybe" ideas in those suggestions and guesses!