View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
A lot of these shy traits are learned behaviors too. My mother was very shy with outsiders and struggled with social anxiety, I believe it was in part of the cultural clash she struggled with. I feel like I picked up some of her introverted behaviors. For example, I have inadvertently came off cold or standoffish to people without realizing It until It was later pointed out to me. Therefore, no I don't think introversion is always attributed to fear. Personally,I would consider myself outgoing however, first impressions may not always appear what they seem.I can't tell you how many times I have heard this statement about me: " I thought you were this, but now that I got to know your really cool".
I would argue I am ambivert, and more times than none I am just reserved by default. It is most likely however, If I am not interacting with you it's probably because I really just dont want to talk to you...

I think first impressions aren't always the best ones.We are all different and we interact differently. I say, take the time to get to know someone, no matter how different they are from you. Open up and give them a chance, you never know how much they will impact or inspire your life.

Yes learned behaviours comes into this too, most definitely. Observing how your parents/models interacted and related to the world and other adults. Taking in their view and feelings (especially of your highly sensitive and inward reflecting with no outward source to help you with that taking in,it can lock it in you, over your natural open self) I think you bring up a good point Clover that we underneath can be covered over on the surface of others unknowingly and send out that signal as being that person. But in fact the true essence of our natural self can shine a very different view on the world long after its gone or you are seen more as the person deeper in you.

I naturally look at people deeper and that gets me into trouble..hehe
So sometimes coming back to that surface movements, I can take in a much broader view of someone and move more with them in process rather than just turning away because they are not to my liking or I choose only to relate one way etc etc..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder