View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Master
Fire is much more than just cleansing. To me it's actually more transmuting than cleansing. The cleansing with Fire is getting rid of the negative, not the positive.
The normal description of citrine (attracting wealth etc) IS that of heat treated citrine, so what was previously amethyst. Natural citrine has different qualities.

I don't feel that it robs crystals of energy, otherwise most ppl's citrine wouldn't do anything at all. It's just been transmuted from amethyst to citrine a bit faster than nature does it.
If something is dyed I guess it depends on what the original stone is that was dyed.
I know malacholla is usually partially dyed. I have a malacholla and a piece broke off. I was shocked to see that its insides looked like cement, apart from a thin layer of malacholla on one side.
I contacted my crystal shop to let them know and ask them if they knew. They immediately made inquiries with their contacts and turns out it is normal practice. Apparently it is often/always a thin layer of malacholla on motherstone and then they dye the motherstone.
This is done with the outside of large amethyst geodes as well. The motherstone is dyed anthracite to make it look prettier.
I rather have the grey motherstone with the thin layer of malacholla, so without the dye.
I don't like the feeling that I'm getting conned.

Crystals that have been irradiated I'm not sure about. Not certain how that affects the energy?

Dyed agate... I usually don't like the over the top bright colours. I feel it's more for tourists who like a pretty coloured chime or something. And granted, some of them look nice. But then I would buy them for that, something colourful for the patio, not for the quality of agate.
In spite of that, I do have a howlite bracelet that is dyed (aqua). I knew when I bought it it wasn't turquoise. I think that's what it said on the card. But I felt I had both the energy of howlite and that of the colour aqua/turquoise. Colour therapy is very powerful, so in that way it can also have an effect. I would not have bought the bracelet if it had been natural, hihi.