View Single Post
Old 26-02-2014, 10:50 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
I've heard of taking St. John's Wort, and maybe Valerian root, to help people with anxiety depression.

Anyone reading this take either of these for depression, or, what other natural remedy do you use?

I have been taking cod liver oil every day, ( has Vit D3 in it), and, it does seem to help a little of the anxiety.

My doctor just started me on Sertraline ( Zoloft is a brand name ), for anxiety depression, so, I have to give it a few weeks, but, if that doesn't work, I'm looking to natural remedies.

Prescription drugs treat symptoms , not the underlying causes. That said , they can be of short term benefit, but are almost always long term dangerous. Cocaine use to be prescribed for depression.

Natural remedies include: Lemon Balm, Scullcap, PassionFlower, St. Johns Wort , Rhodiola Root , Fish Oil , Turmeric , and a host of other herbs.

A diet rich in Organic Produce is highly beneficial and aids the root of any physical problems, brain included.

Daily exercise in nature and a week camping out can reset the biological clock, which results in a far better mood.

The Mind issues are deeper and take some practices to get through. Try those outlined in "SuperMind" by Vernon Howard ~