View Single Post
Old 30-10-2022, 04:50 AM
Master
Beliefs are only good for what we care to manifest as reality, but they are not the foundation of a more permanent reality. That more permanent reality, in my opinion, can be found in spirituality. A religious person can also be spiritual but a spiritual person does not need to be religious.

Religion is an attempt to codify spirituality, spirituality in its purest sense can not be codified or defined. I was also raised a Christian, but at 19-years old I was involved in a war in Vietnam, when I consciously gave up Christianity and became an agnostic.

I did not want to believe in anything without unwavering proof. Then I lost my eyesight and went blind for about 5-years. I saw things when I was blind that I failed to see when I had 20/20 vision. The experience of spirit was far removed from anything I had previously believed.

For me today, experience is the great teacher. Belief is but a prediction of how I think, or even feel, things will happen or are happening, and often they do not happen according to my beliefs. Beliefs can bring us hopes or fears, but uninterpreted raw experience has the greatest impact on us.

It is all in how we interpret things, that leads to our understanding and beliefs about those things. A deep sense of spirituality, as I have come to know it, is beyond words and thoughts. It transcends human language and imagination. It can not be contained or boxed in a mental construct/concept.