View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Of A Knight
This hadeeth was narrated by al-Bukhaari (4802) and Muslim (1466) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. [b]Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).” [/

There is nothing in this hadeeth to suggest that it is enjoined or encouraged to marry a woman for her beauty, lineage or wealth. Rather what it means is that these are things that people look for in marriage. Some look for a wife who is beautiful, some look for a wife who is descended from a noble family, some look for a wealthy wife, and some look for a wife who is religiously-committed – and this last is what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged when he said: “Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).”

note that women may be married ( not should be married for four )
Mohammad suggested that the fourth reason is most valid correct one
love was essentional in all those cases of marriages i think
it's just whom people choosed to fall in love with
based on weather that person was beautiful .. wealthy . noble . or rightous religious

Thank you for the explanation, if you don't mind I may ask more as I read all of them in the future.