View Single Post
Old 13-03-2020, 07:21 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
I see a lot of merit in seeing things as perfect to help yourslef and am planing to go that route now - but while reading about this type of way of acting i ran into people saying that everything is perfect in an actual sense

and the claim against that which always rises from people but never gets answered is : how are wars and diseases and all the suffering thats happening perfect ?

also if everything is perfect why do good deeds ?

It’s a bit of a brain twister alright, but I would tend to agree with those who say the world is perfect in an actual sense. Although I detest the wars, disease, and suffering as much as anyone else, I can not say that I know that they are “unnecessary”. Life gives us the experiences that we need, not necessarily the ones we want. Or to look at it from another perspective, the only way we can get from life what the soul wants, is to undergo the experiences it has to offer. The world...life, is perfectly designed to provide the experiences that we need to learn and grow, but wisdom does not always come cheap.
When a child is born, we may say that the baby is “perfect”. And in the sense that there is nothing wrong with it, this is true. Yet the child will still change and grow. In time it may lose an arm, eye, or leg, or it may turn out to be autistic. And yet, if someone said the child is imperfect, we might object. In the larger sense there is still nothing “wrong” with the child, it is still “perfect”. During each life experience you may suffer greatly, be treated unjustly, become old, angry, and bitter, yet all of this is experience, all of it can expand your understanding and grow your soul. Both the world and you are perfect. Tomorrow both you and the world will have changed. Tomorrow both you and the world will still be perfect, you can never be anything less.

BTW: You say you now plan on going the route of seeing things as perfect. It is a difficult route to follow, and I have found I have great difficulty not getting lost along the way. In fact I can never be quite sure I am on the rout, particularly when anger, greed, envy and other such things cloud my vision. Which I suspect is a good thing, in fact, I suspect it is perfect.