View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 07:06 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
@Elfin and @one-light have either of you thought about doing Hatha Yoga? It seems like it would be a pracatice that would help you with your sleep, as well as buying a better mattress. (I don't know what kind of mattress you have, just a suggestion if you have an old mattress or a cheap mattress). "Awakening" does NOT have to be physically painful and it is enhanced with good sleep and in fact I would question whether you are acting out bliss bunny mentality to shirk some responsibility that you have for maintaining your health.
Hi.. all very valid points. My bed/ mattress are fine, although I did try different things with pillows, toppers etc, but nothing helped. I haven't tried the yoga. I am lucky to have beach on doorstep. It's very private. Large rocks to sit on just as tide is going out. I sit and focus on the waves . It is so peaceful. At night I meditate when in right frame if mind. I can be in a deep sleep ,dreaming , and then my eyes just open and I'm wide awake. It's really bizarre. Also I don't think lockdown is helping as I'm not as active. Under normal circumstances I'm busy living away at my son's for several days a week caring for my toddler grandson , which is quite hard work! And with regard to possible health issues , I would agree that if there are any symptoms don't automatically assume it is awakening symptom. Sometimes it might possibly be a medical concern.