View Single Post
Old 15-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
John, hello.
1) Many centuries and a few millennia = the same thing I understand the time frame.

2) I related the facts, i.e., here is the tradition (i.e., we don't pronounce YHVH as written). There is no criticism there. Are you assuming that there is? I couldn't be sure.
If so, you don't need to classify me or presume my intent. You could simply ask me for clarification &/or discuss your position further Just for example...

Peace & blessings
7L
The difference between a century and a millennia is only a factor of 10.

There are numerous scriptures in the Hebrew text that says people did call upon the name of Yahweh. In Genesis 4:26(b), that scripture claims people began calling on the name of Yahweh. The scripture reads "At that time people began to call on the name of the Lord." In Hebrew, the Lord mentioned is Yahweh.

There is a huge array of scriptures in which people were calling on the name of the Lord (Yahweh). As I mentioned in my previous post, the various diasporas probably played a major role in that of not using the LORD's name. There were other periods in which the name of Yahweh was not mentioned. 1 and 2 Kings was a dark period when it came to not using Yahweh's name. Then toward the end of 2 Kings, they came to the realization of their error. They were surprised that they were worshiping even the wrong God!.

In the previous post, I asked the question, if we had to go thru such diasporas the Jews went thru, how would we react in that of the usage of the name of Yahweh? Some claim during those time periods, is when the name of Yahweh stopped being spoken and in some cases even written, but it does not mean what was done was right. There was actually no scriptural reason to stop using the name of the LORD which is Yahweh.

Being people in the past called upon the name of Yahweh, and the name is still in the Hebrew Bibles, there is no scriptural reason not to use the name. Then why do some believe the name should not be used?

In 1 and 2 Kings, a reformation occurred with the final outcome being that people realized they were worshiping the wrong God, changed their ways, and began calling upon Yahweh.

People are commanded to use the name of Yahweh. Being there is no reason why they can not today, then they should restore the usage of the name to its original position.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜