View Single Post
Old 18-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Master
Starman, hello!
Rabbio makes a good point I hadn't considered...which is, there are many fringe groups and some individuals who may have a point of reference that is completely unintelligible to anyone else unless they say who and what their position is.

I gave you a mainstream reply which covers 95% or more of the topic but cannot address the other 5%, of course. And that is very likely why what you say to us, Jews, makes little sense on its surface for the 95%, not without further information. Then perhaps the pieces will fall into place once we know more about your friend and his Hebrew religion.

I completely forgot there are fundamentalists (in the strict sense of believing in a literal interpretation of the bible) who were largely raised Christian a generation or so back who then founded a Black Hebrew church. There are also many other strict, fundamentalist Christian sects and churches who practice their own very austere versions of old testament beliefs, although some of them de-emphasise Jesus, sometimes near totally, with more a simple emphasis on God.

Is this what your friend practices? Is he a member of the Black Hebrew church or some similar religious sect, or is it more just his own personal belief system known only to him?

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke