Thread: Ego andTrauma
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Ascender
Ego andTrauma

I think our egos are born of trauma, the trauma of betrayal, of lies and deceit, of loneliness and emptiness as we traverse this life. It's the false self we develop to cope with the pressures of survival.

The problem I see with ego is it's a cheap substitute for everything real. It makes us think we are smarter, kinder, or more loving than we really are. It makes us nasty and entitled. It makes us ungrateful, and blocks empathy. It makes us the unwitting cause, but in actuality, a witting cause of trauma to ourselves and the world.

I used to perceive letting go of ego as submissiveness, as in becoming weak and powerless, but I don't believe that anymore. Contrary to what I thought, I find letting go of ego, especially from a place of self righteousness makes me more loving, more powerful and wise.

To let go of one's ego especially from a place of perceived power or righteousness is what I believe to be the ultimate form of healing trauma. It's like taking a divine breath. The love that has been withheld and we have withheld begins to flow. Miracles begin to happen.

As of now and to the day I die, my ego will be with me, but I will as often as I car release more of it, so that I may be more loving and kind to every divine being on this beautiful planet. May God bless all of you.