View Single Post
Old 29-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
My boyfriend is a computer programmer. We took photo's of my decks (actual cards) and he wrote a program to randomly shuffle the cards occasionally inverting some (30% at any given time would be inverted).
It's very useful for quick answers.
However the program is only about 70% correct with it's results vs the actual cards.

So in the end, I don't use the computer based deck for anything serious and never for clients. It's just not accurate enough, but it's fine for 'should I buy this thing on Amazon/Ebay?"

That is very interesting about how you relate your significant wrote a program around your deck of cards, that actually sounds really sweet.

I much prefer the actual deck of cards, as I do not use the card meanings themselves very much with my Tarot readings, I rather try to interpret with my own intuition. And I seriously try and stay clear away from anything generated. It just gives me a false, or fake feeling, and I am aware if I am feeling that, it is probably giving me enough doubt and anxiety- which I do not want in my reader/sitter readings, as those feelings do not help build confidence, and they alone would mess with my intuitiveness.

Generated Tarot and the like reminds me of those online do you have psychic abilities tests.

I tried one a few months back, the first question or test asked me to pick a card as an esp test. I picked a card with a plus sign. The screen after then said, you are correct! And showed the same picture of the card with a plus sign that I had picked. I stopped bothering with the test then and there, as I realized that very moment the test or the website must have been programmed to react in this way. I had the suspicion to continue would only produce the same accurate results.

I also will not use spirit box, or ghost apps on my tablet, or phone. Because it is programmed and as a program I feel much of programing for applications, tests, and divination tools, digitally this way, naturally works along with a probability factor, as well as a random generator. But I feel personally random doesn't necessarily equate to sincere.

I'd rather learn to better shuffle the cards.