View Single Post
Old 31-07-2021, 06:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Upon attaining lucidity one realizes there's only the Dreamer and by virtue of that realization the Dreamer, dream plot, dream body, dream scenery and dream characters are all one and the same. That's the Absolute reality.
Yeah I get that. I have a kind of a 'switch modes' thing going on sometimes that first happened when I was doing mediumship. It's difficult to explain but it feels like my frequencies change.

Quote:
Attainment of lucidity within a dream isn't a product of a dream mind and dream thoughts. It's beyond that. A Gnosis or Realization. It's a "Knowing" beyond knowing.
I've spent a fair bit of time going 'past the mind' because I haven't felt that confident with my own in the past, for one reason or another. When I find that Knowing it doesn't feel like the mind any more, it's in the same 'waveband' as the mediumship.

Quote:
This is probably why all these discussions go sideways. It's a feature of trying to reason it out within duality. It can't be reasoned out to any degree of accuracy and we each attempt to convey it within our own constrained condition using the limited tools available. LOL!
For me it's an experience beyond experience, you know you've experienced something 'beyond' but there's there's no explaining it and you can't guide other people to replicate it, they either get it or they don't. And people 'get it' in different ways too.

Quote:
The lucid dream analogy resonates for me because I experienced the waking equivalent. Sure I had been almost obsessed with consciousness studies and meditating for a good decade with a smattering of lucid dream work and had just begun exploring Advaita but when it happened it wasn't a product of intellect. It just happened like being struck by lightning. Like becoming lucid in a dream. Beyond that I can't even begin to explain it.
This is where the mediumship but works for me, because it goes beyond the intellect. I can sit there and ruminate thoughts all day and they'll always have the same experience, which is kinda interesting sometimes. Then the frequencies can change and the answer will come, and it feels as though I've always known it. Just for a few moments it feels as though I've slipped into 'mediumship mode'. The interesting thing is that everything from 'mediumship mode' is validated, because one of the first things is to give people proof of survival so that they know I'm talking to their Loved One.