View Single Post
Old 18-06-2020, 07:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Thanks.
I didn't mean to say that life wasn't a gift. Just that I don't believe guides are there to trip us up. And that life can do that already without them putting the boot in too.

Oh, not there to trip us up. More like help us grow. My guides teach me self-respect and relationship skills. My animus [ the "Father"] tests me frequently to build my skills. It's just that, if you have a mental illness, I could see that becoming a problem. For me? I usually know when I'm dealing with my animus, and when I'm probably getting a real message. Although, the two are somewhat intermixed.

For starters, you're usually not conversing with a person, so much, but rather, with their subconscious, or possibly higher self. So they may say things that they wouldn't in real life - same sort of deal as sleep talking. So there's that. Also, some thoughts they have may not come to fruition, but doesn't mean they didn't have the thought. Tested that one with a friend.

And sometimes it's purely my animus, and has nothing to do with another person at all. Usually my animus will tell me this afterward. But then they [he and my "Mother" guide] also tell me when things are "really real." I believe them, for the most part.

When in doubt - time is your best friend. If you hear the same sorts of things over and over for like a year, yeah, it's probably real. But if you hear something and it's a little strange, out of character, or even worse - it's something you really want to believe - take caution. It may be contact from your subconscious, not theirs.

Edit: Also, one final thought. Sometimes I get stumped, and fail a "test." When that has happened, after a few days, the "Father" (animus) always gives me hints and tells me it's a test. He never let's me fall down the rabbit hole completely