View Single Post
Old 18-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The claim is made in the book The Serpent Power and other ancient texts.

Not all, and not unambiguously. Ways of connecting and interacting with the overhead space vary even within the Hindu and Tantric tradition, never mind worldwide... since other views are not necessarily false, there's nothing wrong with mentioning them.

I'm glad your teacher has experienced such success in his way, and is able to pass the experience; I believe I said from the beginning it sounded like a perfectly good way to me!

Quote:
To me, the forms are uninteresting.

Well the pictures thread was full of forms.

Quote:
The gold is that which if you know you know everything else.

... or think you do. Two of my teachers achieved -- well let's not argue about that what for goodness' sake. But that doesn't mean they know the capital of South Dakota.

If there are people here who will believe that you 'know everything' on a literal level through spiritual achievement, I guess I can't stop them believing it (although I might wonder why all the spiritually achieved argue so fiercely about what they know!) In my opinion there is a confusion here about what 'knowing' is...

Quote:
It is very clear to me that other teachers living in crown chakra consciousness have shared their teachings of this state with people from all ages and cultures. Their legacy are iconic images, literature, myths, stories and religions that were created by others who glimpsed also.

There is no way to show that everyone who starts a religion or a myth is doing so from the same kind of consciousness, let alone that their traditions are all referring to the exact same thing, or to kundalini.

Saying it is 'very clear to you' doesn't make it true. Lots of people have spiritual revelations which contradict one another. Having said that, it seems clear that the overhead space is very important in many traditions! But I never denied that. It's just that we do not know that everyone with an experience of some form of Ultimate Awakening is working from this kind of perspective... it is worth listening to them as well as to oneself in my opinion.

Quote:

The validity of Kundalini is inherent in all of life

Well you said before that it was a purely human energy! But whatever, I'm not arguing about kundalini as 'valid' or not, obviously I think it's valid since it's my way too. I'm saying that there are other energies and spiritual processes apart from kundalini, and there are awakening experiences that don't appear to involve kundalini, certainly not at first sight. And that not all awakening experiences necessarily end up in the same version of the same place.

Quote:
as above so below - the outer world reflects the inner world.

Yes, or the microcosm the macrocosm.

Quote:
I feel that the OP was hijacked into a cushions discussion and I have no interest in that (I did at an earlier stage but no longer)... Prokopton your interests on your blog will only become more enriched by meditation, because the morenyou experience the light the more you will develop the faculty of discearnment - the abilitynto see true from false.

If you're trying to imply that you're so far ahead of me that I won't understand your position until I meditate enough to do so, I think that only shows a certain inability to understand the limits of your own knowledge, and not for the first time. But if you need to judge the level of attainment in others by how much they agree with you, and are content to do that, I guess I can't do much about it -- beyond pointing out that giving oneself the right to determine the truth because of one's level of enlightenment is sheer hubris.

I know there is much beyond the intellect from personal experience. In fact I've mentioned it several times... the reason you're choosing not to believe me about that is, you assume if I had any experience I would be drawing the same conclusion from it as you draw. I don't know why you assume that... but in any case nothing is stopping you from sharing your personal way about the crown chakra! That would, in my opinion, be both wiser and more honest. If your diamonds are as good as you think they are, I'm sure people will respond.

In any case, none of that has anything to do with the fact of the universality of kundalini and its symbology. The 'cushion discussion' began with a couple of honest questions about chakras overhead and how they related to the crown chakra experience you talked about, and apparently that's not what you wanted to talk about! So, ok, that makes it a 'cushions discussion' from your lofty perspective... I will leave you to it.