View Single Post
Old 16-06-2011, 02:28 PM
SerpentQueen

I don't claim to be an expert on any of this stuff; I just follow where the clues lead me. And often I wonder if that's what it all is supposed to be about? Since I have concluded time doesn't exist (it's just a human construct) and past/present/future are all going on at once, it seems to me that it's an unproductive activity to trace the evolution of such sacred images on any sort of historical timeline. Instead, I view these as present-day clues from the universe, meant to guide us on our own journey of seeking wisdom.

I agree with you, Proktopon, that there are many paths leading to the same place. Ultimately, isn't it said that enlightenment is a gift of grace?

To my eyes, the Naga image very much denotes Kundalini. Because there are wings - heart chakra opening. And a crown (of serpents, in this case) - crown chakra. And is that a pearl the Naga is holding? The pearl represents enlightenment.

The Cecrops is a bit different. He is wearing a crown, a crown of laurels. But there are no wings. Hmm, although I suppose the toga wrap could denote wings.

Here's another image to ponder - not sure how to embed in the post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch...nas_design.jpg