View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
and wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower …
I was nudged towards your thread, and there you have it ! Here is what I recall from being at the top of Eiffel Tower, a memory from 20 years ago, me at 10.

This life, as far as I can remember, I always had a fear of heights. I don't particularly like the Paris mentality and was not very happy to visit the capital. But oh well, it was a school trip and it was fun !

Well first, there's generally a long queue to get in the elevator.

To be truthful, there are worst places than the Champs Elysées to be patient. You can witness a lot of things there, and it's name is in no way ill chosen ! You can witness a lot of things there. In a word, life ! Please do tell me if you want me to elaborate and explore further my memories.

The elevator is really not that long, something like three, maybe five minutes. Can't recall precisely, the effervescence of the moment was at play ! Small groups though, hence the long queue. I don't really like the capital, but then again, when you get to the top, you fall in love with the world you see, quite frankly, made anew, perception being completely different from the view of ancient gods, above all of mankind's troubles.

As you have already guessed, being above the city feels amazing. I'm very sensitive to any kind of energy, and couldn't live in Paris. Quite frankly being there for just a few hours was already a lot ! But then, once on top, you get a view of all the city, well, more or less. And then the energy turns to compassion. You just see all beings for just what they are, not what they physically manifest to be. Not all the stress that caracterize the City of Love. This is how I remember the top.

I also remember the nets. I was persuaded that I would fall from the top. Truthfully, I did in a way, but not physically ! This was back in 2000 (I think, if not 2001). Now it's a fence I think, also costs more to get at the top.

But then again, you don't feel at the top of the world, at least not in a "conqueror" feeling, but more in a "expanded awareness on the world" feeling.

This is all I can recall from my Eiffel Tower visit. I wanted to give you this, but if by any chance someone else stumbles here then.. Enjoy